Grilled Asparagus and Quinoa Salad
- 6 spears asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked (yields about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup aged feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 black olives, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Brush asparagus with olive oil. Place in a stir fry pan on medium heat and cook just until it is cooked through. Remove from heat and cut in half.
- Prepare the quinoa to the package instructions and cool (rinse with cold water).
- Place the quinoa in a bowl and add the red wine vinegar, olive oil, parsley and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Place on quinoa on a plate or in a serving bowl and top with feta cheese, asparagus, sliced olives, and diced tomato.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 210 calories, 9 grams fat, 2 grams saturated, 0 grams trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 27 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fiber, 3 grams sugar, 7 grams protein, 8% vitamin A, 6% vitamin C, 8% calcium, 20% iron